Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sunshine of Today

So I'm sitting here and it is snowing the most beautiful snow outside and it reminded me of this post I was going to write awhile back. Quite honestly, I was going through a difficult time and due to some circumstances I didn't know how things would turn out. For the most part I'm a take-it-as-it-comes kind of person and things rarely stress me out. But now it felt as though clouds that were far off in the distance suddenly came close fast... and I was challenged by a song that I'd heard a long time ago that spoke specifically about not letting the clouds of tomorrow steal the sunshine of today. It was so what I needed to hear/remember... and suddenly I felt like there was nothing to worry about anymore. I felt that somehow God had already taken care of it all. -And He has.- {and if this sounds like I don't ever struggle with doubt. Rest assured. Just because the spiritual gifts test shows Faith doesn't mean I always feel completely un-worried!} I started taking notice of the "sunshiny" things in my life and it's amazing everything that suddenly popped out as a gift from God! I find that life is much happier when one is intentional about finding good things in every day...

A few things that made my day: 
  •  While I was telling my boss about some of the above mentioned stuff that was going on she promptly stopped what she was doing & prayed for me. I'm so blessed. God couldn't have given me a better boss! 
  • Being able to send random packages to random people. Yup. I do love giving gifts! :)
  • Seeing people all happy about a deal you were able to give them on doughnuts at the end of the day.   Happiness is contagious. 
  • Turning on the radio to hear my favorite song being played.
  • Getting new music that is now my new favorite. 
  • A co-worker that seems like my sister-only in a vastly different aspect! :)
  • Seeing God work out details. This is huge people.
  • That feeling you get when God plants a dream in your heart & you just know something exciting will happen! :)
  • The snow that I mentioned at the very beginning of the post.
  • Promises form the Bible.

 I am reminded to look for the good instead of focusing on the bad & unfortunate. Because in reality: 
                            -All things work together for good to them that love the Lord.-

-----------------------------------

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in Him.
Lam. 3:22-24








1 comment:

  1. You darling. I love how you love the little things! Inspire me, sista.:) (you do) And, by the way, an email is coming your way today, Lord willing. I hope that brightens your day?
    xoxo,
    Alli

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You never know how the littlest things can make my day! :)