Monday, May 13, 2013

Of recent thought....

Hello people! I see that it has been a total of more than 30 days since my last post & I realize that perhaps you: the reader, have lost all interest in reading.... that's OK. I don't have this blog so I can keep track of how many people are keeping track of me but rather 'cause I find it relaxing to just write and post pictures onto the 1 out of 108,810,358 -and counting- web pages that exist today....entertaining thought anyway.

It seems to me that my life has suddenly gotten quite busy. Sometimes I find it hard to remember how it was before. You see, it is quite a change to go from spending practically ALL your days at home -& sometimes having not much at all to do- to working 2 jobs which suddenly fill about 5 days out of my week.... income is nice though. I'm not complaining about anything. Just saying what I have noticed...

Saturday night I got home from work @ 11:30 and decided to quick check Facebook...today's greatest waste of time I know, but in this case I'm glad I did cause I discovered that a FREE concert was to be had only 30 minutes away the next night and the people singing were rather good & all this is rather exciting to me who loves concerts (especially when they're free :)) so the following night my brother and sisters and I went & enjoyed ourselves & I am rather glad that I discovered it. :)

2 weeks ago my sister Dorcas came home after being gone for 3 months at Bible school & my sister Sara and her husband and little kids came for a visit and this coming Wednesday Micah & Dorcas & Rhoda & I are going to Colorado to spend quality time with our sister Naomi... I so cannot wait!!!
   
 Aubrey is blowing her 'wish'.

 I totally LOVE Mya's expression! It made her so happy every time I told her
 she could play on my keyboard :)

 Kyler & his 'backwards' hat..he's so happy that he can wear it anyway he wants....

And Uncle Micah reads them stories...


------------------------------------
on another note......

 

What I've been thinking about recently is pretty much said in the following words... to often I find myself becoming settled in my Christian life and I don't reach out and grasp God's plans for me. Too often my faith is not stretched because I want to stay in my comfort zone or I don't see the miracles He performs every day because I'm not looking for them. But recently in being around the people I work with every day I see a hunger in them & they don't know what they are searching for... they seem to be looking for security and they are settling for relationships that bring only more pain because they haven't ever experienced God's love.  And I can't stay away from them. I think of them often. I can't stay in my own shell of comfortable comforts any longer. I must show them the love of Jesus. They need to see that there is a lasting relationship worth pursuing and it is only found in God.
 I have been challenged again & again by this quote and felt like sharing it with ya'll. My prayer for whoever reads this is that you would let God work through your life and that you could know and show the love of God...  
 
Disturb us O Lord, when we are too pleased with ourselves; when our dreams come true because we dreamed too little; when we have arrived in safety because we sailed too close to the shore. Disturb us O Lord, when with the abundance of things we posses, we lost our thirst for the water of Life; when having fallen in love with time, we have ceased to dream of eternity; and in our efforts to build the new earth, have allowed our vision of the new heaven to grow dim.  Stir us o Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas where storms shall show Thy mystery and, where losing sight of the land, we find the stars.  In the name of Him who pushed back the horizons of our hopes and invited the brave to follow, even the name of Christ Jesus our Lord.    -Sir Francis Prake 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You never know how the littlest things can make my day! :)