Saturday, June 16, 2012

My prayer...

...Let the Glory of the Lord rise among us!
 

 When God uses us for His glory, we can easily start to think, "I did it! I am gifted! I am talented! It is my position, my decisions, and my ingenuity that got it done! I am the one who..." We forget that we are but dust, "jars of clay" as Scripture says (2 Cor.4:7). Yet within these jars of clay is a great treasure-- the glory and power of  the living God! But we must remember we are merely the vessels, and even in that, just clay vessels, not gold, silver, bronze or even steel.

Do you recognize this? Just because God has given you responsibilities and opportunities to serve others does not mean you are a gold vessel. In yourself you have no value. You are an earthen vessel, and what that vessel contains belongs not to you, but to the Lord who committed it to you. All is from Him, for Him, through Him and for His glory so that the glory may not be in the jar itself, but in the Lord!
                                                                     
Excerpt from Against the wind- by K.P. Yohannan


The other night I read this and it blessed and inspired me so much that I wanted to share it with all of you... It has truly become my hearts cry that I would just "step out of the way" and allow the Lord to accomplish what He truly desires for my life! 

Have a blessed week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You never know how the littlest things can make my day! :)