Friday, May 13, 2011

The happy things in life...

Last night was amazing! While we were eating our supper it was raining such a nice, refreshing rain outside. Afterward the sun came out for a little & there was such a brilliant double rainbow. So we decided to go on a little walk down the road, it was still thundering quietly & raining ever so softly & it made me think of this song;   

Word of God speak                                                
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That Your in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness  

It was so what I was needing, to be reminded of God's presence all over again. A rainbow is such a promise of His faithfulness, justice, & peace.             

Today I got a CD in the mail from my sister, it was one that I loved & she decided to get it for me,  it was supposed to be a surprise but I had a pretty good idea that it was coming (thanks to Amazon's history:)  I have already listened to it about 5 times total! (this is what I do w/ new music:)

To day was my younger sister's birthday, she is now 14 & I am 15 which seems kinda funny 'cause just a few short years ago we were lots younger & weren't involved in all the "girl conversations" etc. *tee-hee*


Here is a quote that has inspired me to thinking lately:

Am I fully prepared to allow God to grip me by His power and do a work in me that is truly worthy of Himself? Sanctification is not my idea of what I want God to do for me - sanctification is God's idea of what He wants to do for me. But He has to get me into the state of mind and spirit where I will allow Him to sanctify me completely, whatever the cost
-Oswald Chambers
 
This is my desire, that I would be like pliable clay. that I would allow God to sanctify me, mold me , & use me for whatever He plans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You never know how the littlest things can make my day! :)